This is the place for "the stuff about Caro that doesn't involve academia." So a list of my favorite things:
- reading fiction
- collecting interesting jewelry (and forgetting to wear it)
- watching random television (e.g., Alphas, Smash , Firefly , etc.)* while failing to achieve inbox zero
- watching explosion-based movies with a full bucket of popcorn and a cherry soda
- spoiling myself with a proper cappuccino flavored with french vanilla**
- trying to play videogames with 15-pound cats sitting on my lap
- baking bread incessantly, and making up random recipes to fit what the larder holds
- Jordan Thevenow-Harrison (he's my for-realz favorite)
- unnecessary amounts of humorous footnotes***
*notice: all of these have been prematurely cancelled. there is no connection. (although, frankly, Buffy was cancelled two seasons too late, and I watched that hardcore. so if I have a cancellation superpower, it radically backfired.)
**which, and this is important because most coffee shops don't actually have french vanilla, is approximately equivalent to half a shot of vanilla and half of shot of hazelnut. while you're busy explaining this to the barista, also try to sneakily confirm that s/he knows the difference between a cappuccino and a latte.
***a la the inestimable Terry Pratchett, who even gets recursive with his humorous footnotes. dude's got skills.
And as a present for those who scroll this far down: a curious kitteh!